Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hope - My Word for 2014


" A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed 
 hopeless failure may turn to glorious success."  - Elbert Hubbard

Love these magazines - so inspiring 

We can all use a little hope can't we? This word came to me because I just had shoulder surgery for a rotator cuff tear...... for the second time.  I fell in 2005, landed on my right shoulder - had it repaired in 2006 and now it tore once again.  Not good for someone who is right handed and artistic.

For the last four weeks, I have been watching videos online and catching up on courses.  I bought several (maybe more like a dozen?) Art Journal books and am slowly making my way through them.  

Here is what is inspiring me these days:
Traci Bautista, Kelly Rae Roberts, and Pam Carriker
Dina Wakley, Sharon Soneff, L.K. Ludwig, and Jenny Doh
Yes, hope is a wonderful thing and my heart is full of it while I wait for healing, inspiration and my muse to allow me to carry on with art and mixed media.  As always, thanks for stopping by.

Now why don't you go splash some color?

1 comment:

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I hope (no pun intended on your word for 2014!). Hels quickly!!!!